Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Youvella Hooks

Youvella Hooks


By: Jason Mayer



I tried the new Youvella OWG (Offset Wide Gap) hooks today for the first time. First, let me say that I have found the new hook that I will be using for fishing soft plastics. When I first seen them, I was not sure what concept they were going for when they came up with the idea. The hooks have an offset in the shank down at the bend in the hook. The hooks are strong and are very sharp out of the package. Youvella hooks are made in the USA, which is a reason I tried them and it was something new. They make 5 different types of  hooks: Little Flip Hook, OWG Hook(Offset Wide Gap pictured above), OWG Super Strong Hook, Pro Flip Hook, and Pro Swimbait Hook. The OWG Hook comes in sizes 1/0-5/0, 5 in a pack, and sell for $3.00- $3.50.





As far as rigging the bait, you do nothing different then you would with any other hook. The hook point is a little off to the side of the bait when rigged. You can still Texas rig and skin hook with this hook. These hooks were designed to increase your hook up when fishing with soft plastics. The offset design allows the hook set in the side of the mouth when you set the hook. I caught 3 fish the first time out and all 3 fish were hooked in the side of the mouth.



I will be fishing with these Youvella hooks from now on as I have had some problems with hooks that I used normally. Problems that I have had in the last year with some hooks are, rusting, bending of the hook, and actually had one hook break in half on a hook set right out of the package. I have tried other brands also, came across Youvella and like the concept and design.

So if any one is looking to try a new hook out, I highly recommend giving Youvella hooks a shot. You will not be disappointed! The website is http://www.youvellausa.com

Jason Mayer

http://jasonmayer.webs.com/

Prostaff: Doug’s Fishin Forum

Prostaff: Geo Thermal Loop Systems

Prostaff: Odyssey Presentations

Prostaff: Tail Walker Lures


Prostaff: Rod Slicks

About Youvella USA



Dan Vesuvio, President of Fish Harder Companies has announced that Fish Harder has acquired the rights to be the sole distributor of Youvella-USA, LLC products in the United States and Canada.

Tim Norman, head of Sales and Marketing for Fish Harder Companies, has been named president of the new company, Youvella-USA, LLC.

"We're excited about this opportunity. Youvella is by far the most modern and progressive sportfishing hook company in the world. They make a wide variety of hooks for the freshwater, saltwater and commercial markets," Norman said. "We intend to use their expertise - along with that of our pro staff - to develop a line of professional grade fish hooks for the American and Canadian markets."

Look for the first of the new pro-designed, innovative hooks to be launched at this years ICAST Show.

Norman also announced Mike Iaconelli, Ish Monroe, Greg Hackney and Peter Thliveros to be the first members of Youvella's professional pro staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment