Sunday, March 14, 2010

Jared Lintner & family OK after freeway collision

ESPN's Mark Zona, Tommy Sanders and James Overstreet got a glimpse of a wrapped tournament boat lying off its trailer on the side of the freeway on Saturday, part of a nasty accident that brought I-5 traffic to a standstill north of Stockton.

Turns out that the boat belonged to California pro Jared Lintner. The Arroyo Grande native, who finished 60th at the TroKar Duel in the Delta, was heading to Clear Lake when he was hit from the side by another vehicle.

"My trailer was on the side of my truck, and my boat was 12, 15 feet away from the trailer," Lintner said. "It was gnarly"

Lintner and his son, J.C., though, were thankfully uninjured in the collision. His boat, motor, trailer, truck and fishing gear, however, weren't quite so lucky. Lintner will spend much of Sunday trying to find a boat to run Monday at the first day of practice at Clear Lake, and he'll spend the rest of the day sorting through piles of gear and tackle that got scattered across the freeway.

"I don't know what I'm going to do about a boat yet," he said. "Lee Robertson (tour support for Skeeter) is trying to find me a demo boat to fish, and if that doesn't happen I might be able to borrow a buddy's boat. I have to straighten out my gear, too.

"I have stuff scattered everywhere. All the boxes flew open and rods were scattered all over the place. It's a mess, man. It's a tough thing to deal with, but it could've been a heckuva lot worse. At least me and my boy are okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment